Welcome to The Paralegal Club!

April 09, 2018

Source: Pexels

Grab a cup of coffee, change into your comfy sweats and get settled in!

Welcome to The Paralegal Club.

My name is Victoria*. I am a twenty-three year old Kiwi who has just started the journey to becoming a legal executive. In February, I started studying towards a Diploma in Legal Executive Studies. In March, I started looking for support through other legal-based blogs. I found lots of law school based blogs, but nothing covered paralegal work or what was involved in becoming a qualified legal executive. In April, I decided to start a blog of my own.

And the rest is history*.

The Paralegal Club aims to detail the journey to becoming a qualified legal executive, including: study tips, reading material and podcasts, and personal insights.

Maybe you're someone who is fresh out of high school and is choosing between a degree or jumping straight into a paralegal career. Maybe you're in university and wondering if you've made a mistake with your choice of degree (I've been there!). Maybe you're like me, starting your own legal executive journey. Regardless, The Paralegal Club aims to have something that will help you.

Starting right now.

My obsession with law began by watching true crime shows, reading books on Criminology and - eventually - researching the legal and justice systems in New Zealand. I went to a few interviews, found some law school blogs and dated a junior solicitor. The interest only grew.

Do you want to discover some of the law blogs that managed to catch my eye?
  1. The Fairy Princess Diaries: Don't be fooled by the name. Jordyn is a first year law student and posts chatty, fun life updates about how her study is going, the process of studying for the LSAT and everything in-between. She may not know it, but she's my giiiiiiiiirl.
  2. The Healthy Law Student: Andrea's blog is one of my favourites because she just tells it how it is. Studying law is hard. Eating healthy is hard. Andrea has managed to create a platform that promotes a healthy lifestyle whilst maintaining your sanity. I'm here for it.
  3. The Girl's Guide to Law School: It does exactly what is implied in the title. It's a guide for you to get the absolute best experience out of your law school experience (even if you don't know what you want). I found many of her posts to be relatable and, well, funny. Don't believe me? Go check it out for yourself.
  4. Above the Law: You just need to glance this website to find out why it was one of the favourites. It has everything you could possibly want to know...and then some.
  5. Brazen and Brunette: Nikki's blog introduced me to a lot of other blogs, so it'll always have a special place in my heart. Nikki has great tips and tricks for studying, work, and fashion so be sure to check out her blog! She has a list of law blogs (old and current) to follow. Check them out!
  6. You've Entered Law Land...: I have a certain affinity for Will because he is another blogger working under a pseudonym. Birds of a feather, am I right? He's also an Australian, so he's just across the ditch. (This does lend itself to a natural rivalry, but I'll put it aside for this blog post. For now.) He even has his own list of law blogs to follow too.
  7. The Law Student Diary: Another Australian, another beautiful blog. Is it wrong for me to admit that I have a bit of a blog crush on Daniella? She has blog posts on how to manage time, books to own, and breaks down some area of study. (I'm in the middle of revising tort law and beginning contract law, so it's super helpful!)
Source: Pexels
Do you follow any law blogs? What are your favourites?

*I know there are differences between a paralegal and a legal executive, but 'The Legal Executive Club' didn't exactly have the same ~flow~. You know? Also, I have to claim Bloglovin', so here goes nothing.
**Will be history.
***Victoria is a pseudonym. I enjoy working away in the background without the spotlight, thank you very much. Maybe I'll do a spectacular 'reveal' one day.

You Might Also Like

0 comments